1.11.2019
Dear Princess Sophia,
Fourteen years ago I was in the hospital watching Boy Meets World and anxiously awaiting the miracle that is you. Tonight I came home to you binge watching Girl Meets World and hanging out with your mother. It has been an incredible fourteen years! I fell in love with you the first moment I met you. In the blink of an eye I was changed from an ordinary man into your daddy. It is impossible to describe the feeling of becoming a new parent. The love, the awe, the absolute terror. So many powerful emotions all jumbled together.
I have always known that I would love you no matter who you became. You burned a place forever in my heart on that night so long ago. I am so grateful to have found that you are also an amazing person. I feel lucky not only just because I get to be a part of your life, but that you love me so well in return. Not every teenager demonstrates their love for family as frequently and powerfully as you do. I am so glad that you have developed into a person who knows the value of demonstrating how you care for others. I love cuddling with you while we watch a movie or read a book. I love getting silly with you and Mama and Ben. I am so proud of the person you are. You make me so happy.
I hope you have a great birthday, and this next year is as fun and exciting as the last. You work so hard and deserve so much. I love you.
Love,
Daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment