11.13.2016
Dear Ben,
Tonight is the eve of your 10th Birthday, and for the first time I find myself not sitting at the computer writing you a letter while you sleep upstairs. I am away for work, writing you this letter from my hotel room. I am really going to miss seeing you on your Birthday tomorrow. I will miss helping to make your day special, and I will miss your excitement on your big day. I am grateful that I got the chance to come home this past weekend so we could spend some time playing together, and I could watch your karate tournament (where you almost took first place in your form). I am so proud of how hard you worked to get ready for the tournament.
I love you so much, Ben. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow, and that it lives up to your expectations. This is the last birthday that you will have in the Elementary School. You are growing up so quickly. Just this past week you were so excited to hit your two week anniversary with Gwen. If feels like just next week you will be moving on to Middle School. Enjoy the time you have left. Continue to make new friends, and be that kid who is always happy, and always has something nice to say to someone else. You are such a good kid. I love you.
Love,
Daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment