1.11.2015
Dear Princess Sophia,
There are so many things that you have done to make me proud over the past year that I am having trouble deciding what to write about first. I have said it before, but one thing I am always so proud of you for is how caring and thoughtful a child you are. You truly enjoy helping others, and you demonstrated that fact most recently while you helped take care of Ben and your cousins while we were moving Grandpa and Gigi. You continue to demonstrate a level of maturity that I find amazing in someone so young - frankly a level that many adults find difficult to achieve.
Despite being so aware of other people's feelings, you still are light-hearted; you are able to deal with something serious one moment, and then be silly the next. Make sure you keep this balance throughout your life. I have met many people who have lost the ability to be silly, and a few who can't be serious. You need to have a balance of both to be truly happy in life.
You continue to be interested in so many different activities, and your mother and I want to keep encouraging you to explore your interests. I love watching you enjoy yourself while playing basketball or soccer, or while dancing or performing one of your karate forms. It was inspiring to watch you out on stage at the Nutcracker production last year. You really have grown so much this past year! Don't forget, though, that if you want to keep enjoying these activities as you get older, you need to practice. Your opponents will continue to get better, and so will the expectations from your teachers and team members. Practice to get better, and practice because you love what you do.
I love you so much, and I could not be more proud of the daughter that you are, nor the young lady that you have become. You are an amazing person. Believe that, and believe in yourself. This next year I would love to see you develop the faith in yourself that your mother and I already have in you. Dare to stretch yourself and to make mistakes, for that is how we grow and learn. So the next time Daddy makes a mistake, just remember that I am still growing too. ;-)
Love always,
Daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment