6.02.2012

Recital!


Sophie and Ben had their dance recital today. It was so wonderful! They both worked so hard all year long and it was amazing to see them up on the big stage. I get choked up every single year, and I'm sure I always will. Because of the size of the auditorium and the number of dancers, each family is limited to the number of tickets we could get - so this year we were joined by Brianna, Great Grammy, Nana, and Grandpa Ben. The kids loved having everyone there cheering for them!

Benjamin was in preschool dance for the second year, and his recital was a medley of puppet songs. The preschool numbers are always so adorable to watch, but I was really impressed by how much Ben had learned and how well he remembered everything. He truly did a great job.

Sophia was in a hip-hop class this year. She did really well, too. I was struck by just how big a girl she is becoming. Watching her up there was definitely not like watching my little girl who started dance... she has learned a lot over the years and gets more and more confident with each recital.

After the performance, we took the kids out to dinner at Silly's in Portland. It has become a tradition, and we all had a great time. The kids were tired after their long day (and late dress rehearsal the night before) and things started out a little punchy, but we all ended up enjoying the evening and had a wonderful time together. I am so proud of our little family and I love them all so much.

No comments: