6.25.2012
Daddy Weekend
This past weekend Aimee and her sisters headed north to brave the Maine woods, while the kids and I enjoyed a quiet weekend at home. Since this was actually the first time I have had the kids to myself for three whole days, by quiet weekend home I obviously meant crazy weekend where I spoiled the kids (and myself) to no end.
We started the weekend with a short hike up a small mountain near home with some friends. We then went swimming, had ice cream cones, played in the yard, and watched Goonies while eating dinner.
Day two involved waffles and bacon, a cook out at Nana and Grandpa's, a trip to Toys R Us for some treats, and a pizza movie night. We ended the night by having a sleep out in the living room.
Day three was a day of rest, relatively speaking. We watched some TV and played some games, then we worked on de-daddifying (totally a word, spell check!) the house, which involved a ton of cleaning up toys and dishes. We wanted the place to look nice when we got our Mama back. Ben actually fell asleep in the car on the way home from buying groceries, and Aimee was back before he woke up. Everyone was a little tired from our busy weekend (Aimee included - she and her sisters totally showed some mountain who was boss), but we were glad to all be back together.
As a final note, I wanted to mention how good and helpful Ben and Sophia were this weekend. They played together very well, helped me out a ton, and were generally just happy all weekend. I'd like to think they were just having way too much fun to miss-behave (and lets be honest, I totally bribed them with fun activities), but I can't help wonder if they were just afraid of leaving me to take care of them myself all weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment