I've spent the last few days celebrating Mother's Day! On Friday, Sophie had school and Adam and Ben did a bunch of chores while I went out to run some errands and do a little shopping. What a wonderful gift! They stayed home and cleaned the house while I just puttered around town at my own pace. We had a nice family evening, and then the next day we planned for our Mother's Day outing, since Adam had to work today.
We decided to take the kids for a hike up Douglas Mountain. We've done some smaller hikes, but this was the first time that both kids were old enough to do the whole thing on their own. It wasn't long, but it had a little climbing that the kids loved and it was dense enough in the woods that the kids had a great time looking for the trail markers and keeping us on course. We packed a picnic lunch and ate at the very top of the old stone tower that overlooks the area. The kids loved exploring up there.
We planned a grilled chicken dinner, but due to an unforeseen grill catastrophe (Adam literally sent the entire grill up in flames), we ended up ordering a pizza and having a movie night. It was a lovely evening spent with my three favorite people.
Today, the kids and I celebrated my mom and grandmother with a nice outdoor lunch at my grandmother's house. The kids were so well-behaved and we all had a nice visit. The trip home wasn't perfect and we ended up having a long talk about listening during our drive home (a frequent topic of conversation lately), but all in all it was a great day and weekend and I've felt really lucky to be the mama of these two little cuties.
No comments:
Post a Comment