1.12.2011

Sophia is Six!



A big snowfall meant that Sophie got to stay home for her birthday today. She was a little disappointed not to be in school, but she will still get to celebrate with her class tomorrow. She is looking forward to wearing the special birthday cape and hearing her name on the morning announcements. We had a fun day together, staying in our pajamas and snuggling with movies and games. Adam changed his schedule to work during the day so that he could be home for dinner and birthday cake this evening. 

I'll admit that I was pretty happy about the snow day. I felt sad for her, knowing she had wanted to go to school, but she ended up having a lot of fun and not minding the school closing after all - and selfishly, it was really nice being able to spend the entire day with my birthday girl!

No comments: