1.11.2011
Princess Sophia turns six
Dear Sophie,
Here we are again on the eve of your birthday. I have spent much of the past week thinking about all of the things that have happened this year and of all your accomplishments. You have had quite a busy year.
I have to begin with the event that is never far from my thoughts, and can still send me sneaking into your room at night to check on you. Your time in the hospital last winter has left its mark on all of us. I was so worried for you, and felt so powerless to help. My heart will always break a little every time I think of how sad you looked. You have come through that ordeal with more then just your scars to show for it. There is a strength in you, a confidence, that has grown more evident through the year.
You started Kindergarten this year, and I am so proud of how hard you work and how respectful you are of your teachers and classmates. We are all so amazed by your success in your learning as well as your compassion for those around you.
Soccer this fall is another example of how you have grown in the past year. I was so excited to see you try your best and participate with your team. Then I was blown away with how well you did.
I have always been so proud to be your daddy, and I know I will always be proud of you. I love you so much, my beautiful princess. I hope your sixth birthday is all you dreamed it would be.
Love always,
Daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment