I was invited to a special Mother's Day celebration at Sophie's preschool today. It was very cute. Like last year, the kids sang a few songs and then Ms. Laurie read a little piece by each student about their mom. Here is Sophie's...
Sophia's Mom
by Sophia
I like to play with my mom, but sometimes I'm too tired to play with her in the afternoons. During the afternoons while Ben takes his nap we play different kinds of games. My favorite game to play with her is Guess Who. I like that game because one of the girls is named Rachel, and that's my next door neighbor's name. I think I beat my mom at that game, but I'm not sure. I know I always beat my dad. I love how my mom reads to me at night and sometimes lets me watch Gilmore Girls before bed. She takes me to nice places like the mall. After I had my picc line taken out, she brought me to Great Grammy's and I ran around and rode a bike. She brought me to the playground, too. I had fun. When my mom snuggles me, it makes me feel happy. When I wake her up in the night she never gets mad. She always tucks me back into bed. I love my mom.
So sweet. After each little story was read, the child brought their mom a gift. This year, the gift was a cookbook made by the preschoolers...
Line Macaroni and Cheese by Sophia
Go to Hannaford and buy the line macaroni and cheese in the white box that has a picture of some macaroni on it. Boil a lot of water in a pot on the top of the stove. When it's done boiling, you pour in just the macaroni. It only takes a little while to make it. Cook it on the stove for maybe 4 or 6 minutes. When the timer dings, it is done cooking. It doesn't change color or anything because macaroni doesn't change color when it's cooked. Drain the water in a colander and shake it over the sink. Put it back in the pot it was cooking in. Rip open the bag of cheese. Shake the bag of orange powdered cheese into a little glass bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of milk and a scoopful of butter. Mix it all together and pour it into the macaroni. Then you take a big cooking spoon and stir it all together. Hold the pan and scoop out a little macaroni into a hippopotamus bowl. Drink some milk or sometimes juice. Kids can help their parents pour the macaroni into the bowls. Also, they can help mix it together. I love that macaroni!
No comments:
Post a Comment