5.09.2010

I'm a lucky Mama



Today was Mother's Day and it was wonderful. Since Adam is working this afternoon, we started things off yesterday, spending the rainy day inside in our pajamas. We had a pizza and movie night with the kids, and got lots of great snuggle time. This morning I was brought breakfast in bed by the two most excited kiddos. They were big helpers for Daddy, I heard. They each gave me beautiful handmade cards and gifts they picked with Daddy at Lowes. Ben gave me a gift card to buy the landscape timbers for building the raised garden I want to put it (he was set on that idea, but since they had the car and couldn't pick them up that day Adam talked him into the gift card instead). Sophie gave me a really cute frog garden decoration. They know just what I like. 

We made a stop at Adam's folks' house to visit there for a bit and wish Nana a happy Mother's Day, then we spend lunchtime having a bbq with my mom and grandmother. It was unexpectedly chilly, but the kids still had a great time playing outdoors and we all enjoyed our visiting time together. We got home and the kids had a little rest while Adam headed off to work. The kids and I spend a relaxed evening together, had a light dinner, and then we ended the day with our regular story time before bed. 

It was a lovely day and I am so blessed to have such an incredible, loving family.

No comments: