Sophie had her Kindergarten screening yesterday and she's now totally set to start in the fall. She had the best time! She was so anxious and couldn't wait to go, and she loved going around to the different stations. She was tested on tons of different skills - skipping, catching a ball, counting, recognizing letters, colors, etc - as well as having her hearing and vision checked. She did so well on everything. The teacher who sat down and went over her results with me said that she did wonderfully and was more than ready to start Kindergarten, which is certainly no surprise to us.
When Sophie and I got to the car, she told me, "That last lady I saw told me that I did so well, she was going to put me right in first grade!" Thankfully, Sophie understood it was a joke, but she was still pretty proud of herself. And best of all was that she had so much fun and is now even more excited for the start of the new school year.
For me, it was hard to watch her go off on her own and see her there in that big school, but I'm happy for her and anxious to see how much more she will learn and grow in the new environment. Still, it's going to be pretty tough when she steps on that huge bus on the first day!
No comments:
Post a Comment