The other day, Ben and I were in the car when he said, "s... t... o... p... that spells stop." Huh? Where did he learn that? He pointed to the stop sign near us and said it was the same as one in his cars book he had been reading with Great Grammy while he was staying with her. When we got home, I told Adam about it. I asked Ben to spell it again for Daddy, but Ben asked for a piece of paper. Instead of spelling it out loud, he wrote it down! Talk about a surprise for us!
Ben knows his letters and can spell and write his name, but he hasn't shown a whole lot of interest other than that. He was really excited about this accomplishment, though, so i think it's time to really start working with him. Today we started in on a letter writing workbook, and he had a great time. I think this will be a fun activity for us to work on together each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment