1.11.2013
Dear Sophia,
Tomorrow you will be eight years old. EIGHT. It boggles my mind that it has been eight years since you were the tiny pink bundle that changed our lives.
Now you are growing into a beautiful, smart, thoughtful young lady. You have opinions and dreams, and some days it seems you are changing before our eyes. You are still very much a child, with a love of play and a desire to snuggle with your parents - but I'm beginning to glimpse the young adult you will soon become. You are making more of your own decisions - and even if those decisions are about simple things like what you like to wear and what type of music you enjoy most, the act of sorting through the options and making strong choices for yourself is something I'm proud to watch. You are not afraid to like what you like - and you are not interested in simply joining the crowd because you feel you should. You are forging a style for yourself, and I'm happy to say that it's unique. Just as it should be. It is YOU.
You are wonderfully honest, and I hope that you always hold tight to that trait. Be honest with others, and be true to yourself. I look forward to many more changes as you grow, and I'm anxious to see the many new choices you will make.
I love you so very much.
Happy birthday.
Love,
Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment