11.01.2012

Happy Halloween!


For the first time, we decided to volunteer at the Halloween Stroll they hold at the kids' school each year on the Friday before Halloween. Families sit in a decorated maze that is created in the gym, and all the kids from the community can come trick-or-treat through. It's a fun night and we have been going since the kids were really small. We said once they were both in school, we'd volunteer to be one of the families handing out candy.

But this meant we all needed costumes... and I figured it was much more fun if we all had coordinating costumes. After a lot of discussion, we all decided on being punk rockers. What fun! We had a great time compiling all the costume items and shaping each person's "look." The kids totally got into character and we had a great night. Adam and I even threw our costumes one a second time on Halloween night when we took the kids out trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. I'm really proud to have a family that does things together like this, and I'm glad it's going to be a memory that the kids will have.

I'm already thinking ahead to next year and what kind of matching theme we can come up with!

No comments: