10.25.2012
A new school year
So it's been awhile since I've posted, but we've had a busy start to the year! The kids have both been loving school and had a steady schedule of extracurricular activities.
Benjamin just adores school. I knew that he would, but - starting Kindergarten is a big deal and I was still nervous for him. He jumped off the bus at the end of his very first day with his face beaming. I asked him how his day was, and his response was, "I don't know how to explain it. It was all so awesome!" And honestly, he's come home like that pretty much every day since. He loves his teacher and all of the staff he interacts with. He's made some new friends and become even closer with the kids he already knew. His teacher has spoken to me several times about what a sweet boy he is, and also about his eagerness to learn. It is going to be a great year for him!
And Sophia is having a wonderful time in school as well. She has a fabulous teacher, and she is still eager to go each morning and happy when she gets home. I really couldn't ask for anything more.
Both kids participated in the Massabesic United soccer league this year. Now that Ben is old enough to join in, we moved them both from the Hollis program we had done in years past. This way they are with teammates they know from school. We were lucky enough to have a coach who suggested letting Ben join Sophie's team of 1st and 2nd graders, knowing that having two children on the same team makes a family's schedule so much easier! Ben, of course, loved the idea of being with the bigger kids, and they both had a great season.
They have both also continued with their karate lessons they began over the summer, and have both now progressed to their yellow belts. They are both also taking dance again, for the first time in the same class together - a jazz/ballet combo class. Sophie will start up basketball soon, but Ben is still too young. He can't wait for next year when he can sign up to play, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment