Sophia and I had a wonderful day together yesterday. I bought tickets for us to see the Maine State Ballet perform The Nutcracker at Merrill Auditorium in Portland. Sophie was really excited to see a real ballet in a fancy theater like that. We decided to make a whole day of it and go out for shopping and dinner after the show. We both dressed up and had a really special day together. We walked around the Old Port and enjoyed the lights and decorations and even got a little Christmas shopping done. We had a nice dinner together and then stopped by the mall for a little more browsing (and a bonus Santa visit) on our way home.It was SO great to spend that one-on-one time with Sophie. Being in school all day and having so many other activities that we're involved with, it's hard to find the time to spend quality time with just her. She's growing up into such a nice young lady - I really treasure this time we can just relax and have fun together. I think we've found a new holiday tradition - Sophie has already asked me if we can get balcony seats when we go next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment