8.11.2011
Mackworth Island
The kids and I took a spur-of-the-moment trip to Mackworth Island today. Taking the kids for a visit had been on my list of things to do this summer, and we hadn't gotten to it yet. Today was a gorgeous day, we didn't have other plans, and I thought we should go for it. We packed a lunch and found a nice place out on the rocks all to ourselves. After we ate, we hiked around the island and explored several little beach areas right down near the water. Sophie found some sea glass, which thrilled her, and both kids loved climbing around on all of the rocks near the beaches.
I really love having the kids at an age where we can go on little adventures like this on our own. Of course we missed Adam and would love to have him with us, but it's nice that I don't need to be nervous about having an extra pair of hands along with me for this kind of trip. They're both so capable now and we had a great time spending the day together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment