6.08.2011

Kindergarten Field Trip



Today was Sophie's first big field trip - the entire kindergarten spent the day at Crescent Beach State Park. I was able to volunteer and go along with her, and it was such a fun, special day. There were so many parent volunteers that many parents ended up only needing to be in charge of their own child, which is what happened with me... and also with Sophie's good friend Allie. So Allie's mom and I paired up and the girls had a ball exploring the beach. We walked on the rocks and checked out the tide pools, had a picnic lunch, made sand castles, and got our feet wet in the ocean. It was actually a surprisingly relaxing field trip, and we all had a great time. 

At the end, we were able to dismiss our child directly from the beach if we wanted. I had carpooled with my friend, Jess, who is the mom of Sophie's friend, Madeline. It was a nice drive, and we stopped to take the girls for ice cream on the way home. When we got back, Madeline stayed at our house for a bit and the kids played for the afternoon. 

It was great to be a part of the trip, and I'm glad Sophie had such a fun day.

No comments: