2.28.2010

Set back


Poor Sophie. I thought we were getting somewhere, but she really hasn't gotten any better since last week. She was definitely better than the week before, but still had no energy. After she went to school on Wednesday, she came home and slept the rest of the day, and then spent much of the next two days sleeping, too. Luckily, we had a storm day on Friday and schools were closed, so she wasn't tempted to try and go again. I wouldn't have let her, but it was nice to have the option totally off the table. 

Then over the weekend, she started spiking fevers again. The last few days of the week, she had been running only low-grade fevers occasionally and needing Tylenol once or twice a day... but Saturday it shot back up again and she started needing it consistently again. She's still complaining of a lot of pain in her side (her lower lung area) and just isn't herself still. Better, like I said, but still really pitiful and not capable of much more than lounging on the couch. 

We're going to be calling the doctor's office back in the morning to check if they want to see her again. Hopefully we're getting closer to the end of this thing, but it's very frustrating. I feel so sad for her.

No comments: