Poor Ben. After having his first ear infection back in the fall, Ben has developed another one. He was a little off yesterday, and then woke up crying in the night complaining that his ear hurt. I snuggled him downstairs for a bit and gave him some Motrin, and that seemed to help. But then later in the night he woke crying again and this time asked to sleep with Adam and me in our bed. I knew he was really feeling badly then, because Ben is usually pretty particular about his sleeping arrangements. He has never liked to cuddle and sleep, always preferring to sleep in his own bed. He stirred a lot through the rest of the night and none of us got much sleep.
The pediatrician couldn't see him until noontime, but Adam brought him right in while I picked Sophie up from preschool. The one ear he complained of was definitely infected, and the other one was red and probably headed that way, too. I can remember how badly ear infections hurt when I was little, and its so hard to know that Ben is feeling that way, too. Hopefully he'll be back to normal soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment