11.13.2014

Dear Benjamin,


Tomorrow is your birthday!

I am amazed each and every year how quickly the time is passing. Is it even possible that you are turning EIGHT tomorrow?? This morning you took a running jump into my arms for a hug, and I was struck by just how BIG you are getting. How much longer will I be able to pick you up like that? How much longer will you want me to?

Every year you are growing further from a little boy and closer to a young man... but you are absolutely still my "baby Ben." I can still fix most any hurt with a big hug. You still like to curl up in my lap at the end of the day, and you still like to snuggle together and read stories aloud in bed. You have a great sense of humor and you still think I'm absolutely hilarious when we try to make each other laugh. I can't fool myself into believing that you'll stay this way forever, but I am soaking up every moment while I can.

I have such big dreams for you, and I love that you have big dreams for yourself. I get a little sad thinking about you growing up, but I am mostly excited. I find true joy in watching you grow into your own personality and find your own interests. Even though I might never appreciate Minecraft the way you do, its such fun to see your enthusiasm! I might not follow every word when you go on and on and on (and you do...), but seeing you light up makes it interesting to me, too. I hope you never lose that sense of enthusiasm, and you'll always remember that I'm here when you want to share it.

I love you so very much.
Mama

No comments: